Tuesday, October 9, 2007

PrayerWalk to Africa

Hello friends,

When I take my daily walks in and around our quiet town, I take time to reflect and speak with our Savior. Well, yesterday God spoke to my Spirit concerning a fun and motivating project that each of you may choose to participate in. The first thing I heard is that He wanted me to walk the distance to Africa between now and the time we left! After doing some quick calculations in my head, I realized that would require walking over 30 miles a day until we leave for Africa. I said to myself that there was no way I could do that, so I began to think I had heard wrong.

Then I realized that God was speaking the same Word to me he had spoken that morning. He was reminding me that I could not do this alone. Just as I needed to have many people praying for me to be an effective missionary, I would need many to accomplish this 8400 mile trek to Africa. “Thank you, Lord for reinforcing this to me.”

So here is where each of you comes in as the Lord leads in your life. I am asking you to seek God for participation in a project of combining our walking miles as you pray for my family’s preparation for and work in Africa. If you can’t walk and God still wants you to participate, you can ask someone who would like to walk for you while you pray.

I will provide updates of progress on a weekly basis so we can all see what we can accomplish together. This will give us a vivid picture of the power of many praying for one purpose.

There will also be incentives for those who participate (We really want to encourage your praying!). For those who walk 50 miles, we will provide a T-Shirt especially designed by Jullianne. For each additional 50 miles you will receive a pin of some sort to be determined. I believe God’s purpose in this is to draw us together in His work and the T-shirts will be a continual reminder to pray. Wear the shirts as you walk and perhaps you’ll have an opportunity to share Christ when you walk!

Finally, please respond with your desire to pray for us (even if you don’t walk). This would be a great encouragement for the days ahead.

May you be richly blessed!

David, Janene, and Jullianne Waldrop

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am praying for you alot! I am trying to walk for you but I dont always get to walk as much as I would like too. But, I will keep trying. But, I do want you to know that I am praying frequently! I Love you!

Anonymous said...

i love this story grandpa it's relly good well have a good day are you walking today if so stop by!!! :)

Anonymous said...

good blog grandpa!!! :)

Unknown said...

I followed Jennifer's blog to yours. I walk 2 miles 4 days per week. I will take that time to pray for you as I walk. That's 8 miles a day, so I hope that it adds up. I love you all and I have really had you on my heart lately. I know God is going to bless this endeavor even if you go kicking and screaming all the way to Africa. You all are such a blessing to me.